In addition to marriage counseling and spiritual formation, I offer couples counseling, individual counseling, spiritual direction, art workshops, and group therapy to clients in the Colorado Springs metropolitan area. You will find below a list of some of the specific areas I can address for you. As we work together I want to bring the comfort of being heard and the growth of trust into our sessions.
It will be one of my great joys to really listen to and hear the story of your journey. One person told me “You have a true listening presence.” Another paid me the great compliment of saying, “You hear me. You know me in a way other people don’t.” Very often the road to regaining an awareness of and confidence in our own value begins with the telling and hearing of our story. Truly listening to you will be one of my priorities as we work together.
One of the first and most destructive casualties of life’s hurts is often a person’s ability to trust. Without healthy trust we have a difficult time seeing and receiving the very help and counsel that will cause the truth—truth that can set us free—to emerge. One of my repeated joys in coming alongside men and women as both a LPC and a Spiritual Director is watching trust reignite and be transformed back into the easy, life-giving force that it can be.
Although this is not an exhaustive list, here are some of specific training, experience and interest include:
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Grow in understanding of yourself, your goals and purposes
- Understanding convergence and your destiny
- Discovering new ways to resolve problems in marriage and family
- Support in understanding and addressing emotionally destructive relationships
- Understanding the process of grief and loss
- Sexual addiction
- Healing through infidelity
- Post abortion, men and women
- Coping with chronic disease
- Stages of life
- Shame and guilt
- Career changes and transition
- Ministry to people in ministry and missionaries
- Depression and mood disorders
- Fear and anxiety
- Implementing boundaries
- Divorce recovery
- Blended families
- Discovering your true identity
Many of my clients come to me during a season of life in which their life’s experiences and training and their many personal giftings are coming into a ‘convergence’ of sorts. Often I find that what they are presently struggling through seems to have been designed to prohibit them from entering into this season of fullness and alignment. For this reason I am including some material from Lance Wallnau in my Articles section that illuminates ‘Convergence.’
It would be my pleasure to talk with you about working together. Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to discuss your needs prior to making an appointment.